Gary Yourofsky’s speech has been proven to be the most influential and effective tool in prompting people towards veganism. The number of people who went vegan since airing the Hebrew version of the speech is unprecedented. Following are some of the achievements of this video in Israel:
The Vegan Trend Reaches Prime-time TV in Israel
On July 14th 2012, the speech’s incredible impact reached prime-time TV when Channel 2, the most watched network in Israel, aired an extensive 10 minute report in its weekend news edition. The extremely supportive item was the featured story and for the first time ever, veganism got a positive review nationwide.
The Vegan Trend Reaches National TV once again
- In early September 2012 Gary Yourofsky visited Israel and gave his first lecture tour outside the United States. His arrival was covered in every Israeli media outlet, including a major story in Ulpan Shishi – the most popular TV news program in Israel, and veganism has received national exposure like never before and became a topic of discussion in the mainstream.
- The video was mentioned in the many national newspaper articles as well as on the most popular internet portals. Especially outstanding were:
- Major article in the most popular newspaper in Israel, “7 Days”.
- Extended profile in Haaretz magazine – the most reputable weekend magazine in Israel.
- A feature in the most popular “Time Out Tel-Aviv”, which dedicated its December 1st cover story to the phenomenon of Israelis turning vegan.
Early in June 2012, another milestone has been reached, when mako, a leading news and entertainment portal in Israel, featured a special weekend story on the phenomenon of Israelis turning vegan and vegetarian.
- In April 2012, a TV story named “The Vegan Trend” was aired on national TV in Israel (Channel 1).
- In March 2013, the speech in its entirety was aired nationwide on Israeli cable and satellite TV networks, on channel 98.
- More than 300 personal letters were sent from people in Israel to Gary, thanking him for changing their lives.
- Many public figures and celebrities have truned vegan or changed their way of life as a direct result of watching the video. Here are few:
- Achinoam Nini (aka Noa), the internationally acclaimed Israeli singer.
- David D’or, a renowned Israeli singer.
- Yossi Sarid, former Israeli Minister of Education and Minister of Environmental protection.
- Eli Israeli, a popular Israeli radio broadcaster.
- Miki Haimovich, a very famous Israeli TV personality.
- Gal Fridman, the first and only Olympic gold medalist in Israeli history.